Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This quick and healthy spaghetti dish is one of our favorite weeknight meals.
- 1 13.25 oz box Whole Grain Barilla Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 5 cups washed spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta.
Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then cook garlic, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer garlic with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. Add sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and balsamic vinegar. Cook over medium-high heat until spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
Toss spaghetti with the sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Stir in the 1/2 cup pasta water. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle spaghetti with feta cheese and toasted garlic chips. Serve warm.