Today is National Spaghetti Day and we are celebrating with a healthy spaghetti recipe, Whole Grain Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach. This is one of our go-to pasta dishes. It is perfect for weeknight meals because it is quick, easy, and nutritious.
We also love making this spaghetti recipe when we entertain because it stress-free and everyone loves it. We always get asked for the recipe…so here you go! You all need to add this Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach to your dinner rotation.
We used Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti to make this recipe. Barilla Whole Grain is all-natural and excellent source of fiber, delivering three times the fiber of regular pasta. There are 6 grams of fiber per serving. If you are looking for an easy way to eat more whole grains this year, simply switch to eating whole grain pasta. It is just as easy to make and tastes great.
I actually like whole grain pasta better than white pasta. It has a slight nutty flavor that I love. Josh and Caleb love it too! Caleb loves playing in it, but he eventually eats it and enjoys it:)
We keep several boxes Barilla Whole Grain pasta in our pantry so we can always make a quick and healthy meal.
For this spaghetti dish, I tossed in sun dried tomatoes, spinach, balsamic vinegar, toasted garlic, and feta cheese. All of the ingredients are flavor power houses and come together to create an amazing meal…with very little work involved. The Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti only takes about 7 minutes to boil and the other ingredients are easy to prepare as well. You can have a delicious and healthy meal on the table in under 30 minutes. Plus, the spaghetti is pretty! You can’t go wrong with a pretty pasta dish:)
If you are trying to eat healthier in 2013, make this Whole Grain Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach. You might want to stock up on Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti, because I guarantee you will want to make this spaghetti recipe over and over again!
Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach
- 1 13.25 oz box Whole Grain Barilla Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 5 cups washed spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then cook garlic, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer garlic with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. Add sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and balsamic vinegar. Cook over medium-high heat until spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Toss spaghetti with the sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Stir in the ½ cup pasta water. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle spaghetti with feta cheese and toasted garlic chips. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Whole Grain Spaghetti with Su Dried Tomatoes & Spinach, you might also like:
- Vegetable Party Spaghetti with Warm Garlic Thyme Olive Oil from Picky Palate
- Crazy Spaghetti from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Baked Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Primavera from Recipe Girl
Disclosure: We partnered with Barilla for National Spaghetti Day, but all of our opinions are our own. This giveaway is being provided by Barilla.