A classic Middle Eastern Salad made with bulgur wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh herbs, and a light lemon-olive oil dressing.
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl. Bring the water to a boil and stir in the salt. Pour the water over the bulgur. Let it sit for 30 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed.
2. While the bulgur is soaking, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Add in the minced garlic and whisk again. Pour the dressing over the bulgur and stir.
3. Add in the scallions, tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, and mint. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note-this salad will keep in the refrigerator for several days.