Happy Labor Day! We hope you are enjoying the holiday. We are having a BBQ with family and friends today. We are going to have kabobs and lots of tasty sides. Everyone is chipping in, but I volunteered to make dessert and Tabbouleh Salad, one of my all time favorite salads.
Tabbouleh Salad is a Middle Eastern Salad made with bulgur wheat (cracked wheat), tomatoes, cucumber, and fresh herbs. Our mint and parsley are growing like weeds right now, so we’ve been enjoying this salad on a weekly basis. It is so light and refreshing!
Tabbouleh Salad is easy to make and full of flavor. All you have to do is soak the bulgur wheat in hot water and stir in the tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, garlic, parsley, and mint. The salad gets dressed with fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper and you are good to go!
If you are looking for one more dish to add to your Labor Day menu, make this easy Tabbouleh Salad.
If you need some other last minute Labor Day recipe ideas, here are a few of our favorite recipes:
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Southwestern Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Blueberry Corn Salad
- Tortellini Salad
- Grilled Pesto Potatoes
- Jalapeño Cheddar Grilled Chicken
- Honey Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Sheet Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Lemon Raspberry Bars
- Blueberry Peach Crumble
Have a fun and safe holiday! And don’t forget to enter our Keurig Giveaway! Tomorrow is the last day to enter!
A classic Middle Eastern Salad made with bulgur wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh herbs, and a light lemon-olive oil dressing.
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl. Bring the water to a boil and stir in the salt. Pour the water over the bulgur. Let it sit for 30 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed.
- 2. While the bulgur is soaking, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Add in the minced garlic and whisk again. Pour the dressing over the bulgur and stir.
- 3. Add in the scallions, tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, and mint. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Note-this salad will keep in the refrigerator for several days.