1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Rub in sugar and orange zest together. Whisk into dry ingredients.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk canola oil, egg, milk, and vanilla together.
5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir together. The batter will be thick.
6. Place half the batter at the bottom of six muffin cups. Spoon about two tablespoons of fresh cranberry sauce on top of the muffin batter. Top muffins evenly with remaining muffin batter. Sprinkle each muffin generously with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
*Note-if you don't have leftover cranberry sauce, it is easy to make a fresh batch. This recipe makes only six muffins-if you need more, feel free to double it!