We hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving filled with good food and fun. Is your refrigerator overflowing with Thanksgiving leftovers? If you are wondering what to do with your leftover cranberry sauce, try our cranberry orange muffins. Fresh cranberry sauce is the secret ingredient inside these delicious muffins.
The muffin batter is easy to whip up and leftover cranberry sauce is hidden inside each muffin. Before baking, you add a big spoonful of cranberry sauce in between the muffin batter. I also sprinkled the muffin tops with turbinado sugar to add sweetness and a sugary crunch. I love the deep cranberry red color that is in the middle of these marvelous muffins! They are tart, sweet, and delightful!
If you still have guests to feed this weekend or need a sweet treat after your Black Friday shopping, make a batch of leftover cranberry sauce muffins. And don’t worry if you didn’t make cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving this year, you can still make these muffins. Our fresh cranberry orange sauce is a breeze to make and these muffins are worth it.
*Don’t forget to enter our giveaway for a $250 gift card to Best Buy!
Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberry orange sauce about 2 tablespoons per muffin
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Rub in sugar and orange zest together. Whisk into dry ingredients.
- 3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk canola oil, egg, milk, and vanilla together.
- 5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir together. The batter will be thick.
- 6. Place half the batter at the bottom of six muffin cups. Spoon about two tablespoons of fresh cranberry sauce on top of the muffin batter. Top muffins evenly with remaining muffin batter. Sprinkle each muffin generously with turbinado sugar.
- 7. Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
- *Note-if you don't have leftover cranberry sauce, it is easy to make a fresh batch. This recipe makes only six muffins-if you need more, feel free to double it!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these leftover cranberry sauce muffins, you might also like: