1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 by 8 baking dish or ramekins and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together apples, cranberries, sugar, zest, and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, spices, brown sugar, and honey. Stir. Mix in butter with your hands, until crumbly.
4. Place fruit mixture in prepared baking dish or ramekins, if using. Pour crisp topping over the fruit and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until apples are tender and crisp is bubbling.
5. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
*Note-if you don't need the dessert to be gluten-free you can use regular oats and flour. Serve with vanilla ice cream.