Sweet Potato Rosemary Biscuits
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup diced roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the minced garlic and fresh rosemary. Mix in cold butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add roasted sweet potatoes and gently stir. Pour buttermilk over all of the ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined.
3. Drop round spoonfuls of dough, about four tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake 15-17 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.