Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods. I love them in any form-roasted, in soup, as fries, and even on my tostadas. I made a pan of roasted sweet potatoes last week for lunch and had some leftovers. I was going to stick them in the refrigerator for later, but instead I made sweet potato rosemary biscuits for dinner.
Homemade biscuits are not hard to make and taste so much better than the canned version, in my opinion. These drop biscuits are especially easy to make. You don’t have to roll out the dough or fuss with cutting them and they take less than 20 minutes to bake. The roasted sweet potatoes, garlic, and rosemary add the perfect punch of flavor and color to these buttery biscuits.
Sweet potato rosemary biscuits are the perfect side dish to any fall meal. Serve them with your favorite soup, salad, or meat dish. They would also be a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu. These sweet potato biscuits are quick and easy to make-you don’t have to worry about yeast or dough rising and they are very tasty! Pile your bread basket with sweet potato and rosemary biscuits this year, your guests will gobble them up.
Sweet Potato Rosemary Biscuits
- 12 -14 biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup diced roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the minced garlic and fresh rosemary. Mix in cold butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add roasted sweet potatoes and gently stir. Pour buttermilk over all of the ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined.
3. Drop round spoonfuls of dough, about four tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake 15-17 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.
If you like these sweet potato rosemary biscuits, you might also like:
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits with Cilantro from Two Peas and Their Pod
Bacon Cheddar Drop Biscuits from Two Peas and Their Pod
Cream Biscuits with Prosciutto and Parmesan from Cookin’ Canuck
Cheddar and Parsley Biscuits from How To: Simplify