1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and lemon zest with your fingers. This will bring out the lemon flavor. Add the sugar and lemon to the dry ingredients. Whisk again.
3. In a small bowl, add the milk, cottage cheese, egg whites, vanilla extract, and fresh lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. The cottage cheese will still be somewhat lumpy and that is ok. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. The batter will be a lumpy.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle. When the pan is heated to medium spray well with cooking spray. Add about a 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes. You want to see bubbles all over the pancake. Flip and cook the other side for a couple of minutes. Repeat until batter is gone. Make sure you spray the pan in between each pancake.
5. Combine fresh cut strawberries, lemon zest, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Stir.
6. Serve pancakes hot with fresh strawberries. You can also use syrup and a little powdered sugar.
You can freeze these pancakes. Let cool and wrap well. I like to put parchment paper in between the pancakes so they don't get stuck. Place in freezer.