Tortellini Vegetable Soup
Vegetable soup with cheese tortellini-one of our favorite soups!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Red pepper flakes, just a dash
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3-4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 28 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in red pepper flakes. Add in zucchini, squash, red pepper and cook until soft. Add in chopped fresh tomatoes. Cook briefly.
Stir in canned tomatoes, broth, and water.
Add in rosemary. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Stir in tortellini and spinach. Cook until the tortellini is soft and cooked all the way through.
Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Calories: 275kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Sodium: 802mg, Potassium: 571mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 2561IU, Vitamin C: 56mg, Calcium: 136mg, Iron: 3mg