Use the brown bananas on your counter to make moist and flavorful Banana Muffins! Your whole family will love these as a quick breakfast or a snack on the go. This is the best banana muffin recipe!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium ripe bananas)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on muffins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix.
Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to divide the muffin batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar.
Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until the tops are set and a toothpick comes out clean when entered into the center of a muffin.
Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and enjoy!
Calories: 217kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 225mg, Potassium: 169mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 290IU, Vitamin C: 1.7mg, Calcium: 45mg, Iron: 1.2mg