Tuscan Chicken Tortellini Soup
This Tuscan Chicken Tortellini Soup is perfect for fall and winter. It’s comforting, easy to make, and totally family friendly! Serve with garlic bread and a simple side salad!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 42 oz chicken broth
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 15 ounces white beans, drained and rinsed
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, refrigerated or frozen
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: Parmesan cheese, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, optional
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the chicken broth, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken, beans, and cheese tortellini. Turn the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the parmesan cheese, kale, and basil. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, basil, and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Calories: 426kcal, Carbohydrates: 48g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 1432mg, Potassium: 1087mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 4175IU, Vitamin C: 55mg, Calcium: 272mg, Iron: 7mg