Inspired by everyone’s favorite sandwich, the BLT Salad is a fresh take on a classic flavor combination. It would make a delicious lunch or side dish!
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (can use sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 cups homemade croutons
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
First, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, milk, lemon juice, chives, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Place the bacon strips in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Turn the strips as needed until they reach the desired crispness, 8 to 12 minutes. Drain well on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Place the chopped lettuce in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, avocado, croutons, and onion. Chop the cooked bacon strips and add them to the salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1342IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg