Fall Chickpea Salad
You will love the textures and flavors of this simple and healthy chickpea salad. It's made with chickpeas, apple, avocado, dried cranberries, pecans, red onion, feta cheese, and tossed in a light apple cider dressing. It's perfect for an easy fall lunch or dinner.
For the salad:
- 15 ounces chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 large apple chopped (I like Honeycrisp)
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese optional
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, apple, avocado, lemon juice, red onion, nuts, cranberries, and cheese, if using.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
If you need the salad to be vegan, you can omit the cheese.
Calories: 302kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 88mg, Potassium: 430mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 12g, Vitamin A: 111IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 77mg, Iron: 2mg