Easy Vegetarian Tacos
These Easy Vegetarian Tacos are filled with a rainbow of vegetables, black beans, and lots of fresh and delicious toppings! They make a great quick, easy, and healthy meal! You can have them on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon water
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Corn tortillas charred or warmed, for serving
- Optional Toppings: pickled red onions, shredded cabbage, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, queso fresco or shredded cheese
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Add the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and oregano with 1 tablespoon of water. Stir until well combined. Gently stir in the black beans. Add the lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To assemble the tacos, place the veggie filling in a warm corn tortilla. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 821mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1584IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg