These Easy Vegetarian Tacos are filled with a rainbow of vegetables, black beans, and lots of fresh and delicious toppings! They make a great quick, easy, and healthy meal! You can have them on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
I am all about vegetarian tacos, they are my favorite. I love creating fun and delicious veggie tacos like my Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos and my Sweet Potato Tacos, but these Easy Vegetarian Tacos are my GO TO! I make them almost every week.
I love that they have a variety of vegetables and they are SO easy to make. You can have them on the dinner table in under 30 minutes. They are the perfect quick, easy, and healthy meal!
Veggie Taco Ingredients
The ingredient list is simple!
- Olive oil or avocado oil– for sautéing the veggies!
- Veggies– red onion, zucchini, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and garlic! A rainbow of veggies! And of course, feel free to use your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand! All veggies are good in these tacos!
- Spices & Herbs– ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and dried oregano
- Black beans– I use canned black beans to keep things super simple!
- Lime juice– use fresh limes!
- Cilantro– chop up fresh cilantro for lots of flavor!
How to Make Vegetarian Tacos
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add all of the veggies and cook until the vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, and a little bit of water. The water will help everything come together.
- Carefully stir in the black beans, making sure you don’t smash them. Add the lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Now, it’s time to assemble the tacos! Place the filling in the center of warm corn tortillas and top with desired toppings!
I love adding lots of toppings to my tacos! Here are a few ideas!
- pickled red onions
- shredded cabbage or lettuce
- avocado or guacamole
- pico de gallo, salsa, mango salsa, or pineapple salsa
- queso fresco or shredded cheese
If you are looking for a few side dishes to serve with your vegetarian tacos, here are a few of our favorites! Make one, two, or make them all and have a big taco feast!
- Chips and Guacamole
- Queso Dip
- Easy Refried Beans
- Best Bean Dip
- Mexican Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Fruit Salad
More Vegetarian Taco Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos
- Sweet Potato Tacos
- Grilled Haloumi Tacos
- Butternut Squash Mushroom Tacos
- Smoky Cauliflower Tacos
- Three Bean Tacos
Easy Vegetarian Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon water
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Corn tortillas charred or warmed, for serving
- Optional Toppings: pickled red onions, shredded cabbage, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, queso fresco or shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and oregano with 1 tablespoon of water. Stir until well combined. Gently stir in the black beans. Add the lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble the tacos, place the veggie filling in a warm corn tortilla. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Olive & Mango