Egg muffins are easy to make and fun to eat! Kids and adults will love these Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese!
Josh is allergic to most animals so we don’t have a dog or cat. Instead, we have six chickens. Virginia, Caramel, Daisy, Mae, Midnight, and Pepper are part of our family. They live outside in their coop and are easy to take care of. They are the best pets.
Caleb loves visiting his chickens. He feeds them, chases them, and even holds them. He also loves gathering their eggs. Last week we were overflowing with fresh eggs so Josh made Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese for breakfast.
If you like frittatas, you will love these egg muffins. Egg muffins are like frittatas, just smaller. Instead of making a large frittata in a pan, you make the eggs in a muffin pan. The egg muffins are easy to make and I love that everyone gets their own individual mini frittata.
Our chickens lay pretty eggs:) To make the egg muffins lighter, Josh used five egg whites and two whole eggs.
He also added lean turkey sausage, spinach, and sharp cheddar cheese. Feel free to add your favorite egg fixin’s. Mix things up by using your favorite veggies, cheese, or whatever you have on hand! This recipe is very flexible.
Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese are the perfect breakfast. You get your protein, veggies, and dairy all in one little muffin! If your weekday mornings are hectic and you don’t have time to make breakfast, make these egg muffins on Sunday. You can reheat them in the microwave on your way out the door!
Thanks to our chickens we had fresh eggs to make Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese. Our chickens really are the best pets!
Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese
- 3 lean breakfast turkey sausage links
- 5 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh chopped spinach
- ¼ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium skillet, brown the turkey sausage links on medium-high heat. Cook until sausage is brown all the way through. Cut sausage into ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and eggs. Whisk in skim milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the chopped spinach.
- Grease 6 muffin tin cups with cooking spray or line cups with paper liners. Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Distribute cheese and sausage equally between each muffin cup.
- Bake egg muffins for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are firm in the center. Remove from oven and gently go round each egg with a butter knife. Serve warm.
- Note-you can store the egg muffins in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat them in the microwave.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod