Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies-chewy, gluten-free almond butter cookies dotted with chocolate chips and sprinkled with sea salt! These cookies are amazing!
Man, it has been a long week. This mama is exhausted. We’ve had a lot going on and I am ready for some major R&R. A vacation to Hawaii sounds so good right now. I know Hawaii isn’t going to happen, but I hope I can at least get a nap in. To be honest, a nap isn’t looking good either because we have so much going on. When I am busy and have a to do list that is a mile long, my mind doesn’t shut off. I can’t take a nap even if I wanted to. I lay there and think about all of the things that need to get done.
So what’s a girl to do! If I can’t go to Hawaii, and if I can’t take a nap, I am going to bake cookies. Cookies are my calm. Baking a batch of cookies makes everything right in the world, no matter how busy, stressed, or tired I am. Cookies make me happy!
So today, I am baking a batch of Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. It is Friday, I NEED cookies and I think you need some too! TGIF!
If you are exhausted, like me, and don’t think you have the energy to bake cookies, think again. These cookies are super easy to make and so worth a little time in the kitchen. Plus, baking is therapeutic…and so is eating cookies. I promise you will feel better after having one, two, or six cookies. I always do:)
You don’t even need flour to make these cookies! They are flourless, which makes them gluten-free, but you will never know because they are so soft, chewy, and delicious!
The almond and chocolate combo is killer! Plus, I add a sprinkling of sea salt to the tops! Oh, yeah! These cookies are the real deal!
Treat yourself to Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are sure to make you feel better. I am going to whip up a batch ASAP and hide in my closet with a plate of cookies and milk. Don’t tell my boys:) Mama needs a little break and there is no better break than a cookie break. Ok, Hawaii still sounds heavenly, but cookies are a close second:)
Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Extra sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the almond butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into balls, about 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie. The dough will be a little crumbly, but just squeeze it together. It will be fine. Place dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are starting to brown around the edges. Don’t overbake. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!