Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette-this healthy and colorful taco salad can be served as a main dish or side dish!
I have a major case of the Mondays. We spent last week in Hawaii on vacation and had the best time. Leaving the relaxed beach life was not easy. It was hard to come home. Well, it’s back to reality today and that means schedules, work, laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking.
If you follow me on Instagram and snapchat, twopeasandpod, you know we enjoyed LOTS of good food in Hawaii. I love splurging on indulgent food when I am on vacation, but when vacation is over it’s back to healthy eating. Today, I am craving a big old salad so I am making my favorite Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad for dinner.
I love this salad because it is loaded with lots of fun toppings! I top chopped up Romaine lettuce with roasted chickpeas, corn, avocado, tomatoes, red cabbage, cilantro, and baked tortilla strips. I blend up a simple cilantro lime vinaigrette and drizzle it over the salad. This salad has tons of flavor and is super filling!
The roasted, spiced chickpeas add a nice crunch and protein boost to the salad! They are so good!
This taco salad is gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan! It is a great salad to make for potlucks or for dinner parties! It is nutritious and delicious!
I am sad vacation is over, but I am happy I get to enjoy this Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad for dinner. I guess it is kind of nice to get back to our regular routine, I just wish that routine included a sandy beach:)
Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad
For the Roasted Chickpeas:
For the Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the drained chickpeas in a clean dishtowel. Remove chickpea skins and let the chickpeas dry for a few minutes.
- Place the chickpeas in medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, lime juice, and olive oil. Stir until chickpeas are well coated.
- Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. The chickpeas are done when they are dry and crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, make the cilantro lime vinaigrette. In a blender or food processor, combine the shallot, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Turn the oven to 375 degrees F. Brush each side of the corn tortillas with olive oil. Cut the tortillas into 1/4-1/2" strips. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortilla strips on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Top the lettuce with red cabbage, tomatoes, corn, avocado slices, cilantro, spiced chickpeas, and baked tortilla strips. Drizzle the salad with cilantro lime vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod