Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad with feta cheese, pepitas, and a light pomegranate dressing. Serve this healthy dish at your holiday meal!
I think I am turning orange. Not because I am going to the tanning booth, but because I am eating A LOT of sweet potatoes. I am addicted to this Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad. I made it once and devoured it, so I made it again…and again!I think my skin is starting to have a slight orange tint to it. I don’t care because I can’t stop eating this salad. It is so good!
And at least my orange tint is from a healthy salad and not a tanning bed. I tried the tanning thing in high school and it was not a good idea. Not only is it bad for your health, but I was allergic. I broke out in a rash every time and would cry for a day because it felt like someone was stabbing me with needles. Did I keep tanning? Yes! I didn’t want to look “bad” in my cheerleading uniform or prom dress. Don’t worry, I wised up and stopped going! Oh, the things we do in high school. Live and learn. I am glad those days are behind me.
Ok, let’s get down to business because you all need to make this salad. I love this salad because it is SO easy and so fresh! I start with roasted sweet potatoes which are pretty much my all time favorite food. Roasted sweet potatoes are better than candy if you ask me! Cut them into cubes, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast away! Sweet potato perfection!
I am perfectly content eating roasted sweet potatoes right from the baking sheet. Some days, that is my dinner. I don’t need anything else, but I wanted to jazz up my sweet potatoes so I added pomegranate arils, pepitas, and feta cheese.
I added a splash of pomegranate dressing to bring out the pomegranate flavor. I used pomegranate juice, red wine vinegar, honey, and olive oil. The dressing is nice and light and gives the salad a little boost of flavor!
I love the pop of color and flavor the pomegranate, pepitas, and feta add to this salad. I am seriously addicted. I can’t stop making it! We’ve been eating it for lunch and dinner as our main meal, but it also is a great side dish to any meal.
If you are looking for an easy, healthy, and beautiful side dish for Thanksgiving, make this Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad. It’s a showstopper! And who says sweet potatoes have to have marshmallows melted on top for Thanksgiving? Mix things up this year and serve this Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad. And if you want to turn orange like me, go ahead and make the traditional marshmallow sweet potatoes and my Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad. You can never have enough sweet potatoes:)
Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
For the salad:
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
For the pomegranate dressing:
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until sweet potatoes are well coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from oven.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Add pomegranate arils, pepitas, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, red wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle dressing over sweet potato salad. Gently toss. Serve immediately.