Grilled Peach, Brie & Basil Sandwich
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Grilled brie cheese sandwiches with peach slices, fresh basil, and a drizzle of honey. A simple summer sandwich with extraordinary flavors!
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 8 ounces Brie cheese sliced
- 2 peaches thinly sliced
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Butter the outside pieces of the bread slices. Assemble the sandwiches by layering brie, peach slices, and basil. Drizzle with honey. Top each with remaining 4 bread slices, butter side up.
3.Place sandwiches on grill, grill for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted and cheese melts. Remove from grill and cut sandwiches in half, if desired. Serve warm.
Note-you can use a skillet pan or griddle pan to make the sandwiches. You can also use a drizzle of balsamic vinegar instead of the honey. Both are tasty! For gluten-free, use gluten-free bread.