Chipotle Hummus Avocado Sandwich
This vegetarian sandwich is loaded with flavor and perfect for an easy lunch or dinner!
For the pickled red onions:
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the sandwich:
- 2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grain and Seeds
- 2 tablespoons chipotle hummus
- 1/2 large avocado sliced
- Lime juice and kosher salt for avocados
- 1/4 cup microgreens or lettuce of your choice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 radish thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon queso fresco omit for vegan
To make the pickled red onions-In a medium bowl, combine red onion slices, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir until well combined. Let sit until red onions are pickled, about one hour, stirring occasionally.
To make the sandwich-Top one slice of the bread with the chipotle hummus. Squeeze a little lime juice on the avocado slices and sprinkle with salt. Place the avocado slices on top of the hummus. Add the microgreens, cilantro, radish slices, and queso fresco. Top with the other slice of bread. Cut the sandwich in half, if desired. Enjoy!