Honey Pear Muffins
Top Honey Pear Muffins with a drizzle of honey for an extra special breakfast treat!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
- 1 cup whole wheat Gold Medal flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced pears
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners or coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, honey, egg, and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until flour disappears. Gently stir in the pears.
4. Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each with turbinado sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.