Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach & Roasted Mushrooms
The temperatures are dropping which means it’s time for comfort food. I guess there is really never a bad time for comfort food, but when it’s dark and cold outside I think comfort food is a must. Pasta is one of my favorite comfort foods and this Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Roasted Mushrooms is comforting to the very last bite.
This is a great weeknight dinner recipe because it is easy to make and tastes so good after a long day of work. I also like that it is healthier than your average creamy pasta dish. I didn’t use any heavy cream or butter to make this rich and creamy pasta. The goat cheese melts in with the pasta creating a flavorful and creamy pasta dish.
If you don’t think you are a goat cheese fan, don’t turn up your nose just yet. Josh isn’t the biggest goat cheese fan and he loves this pasta dish. The first time I made it he didn’t even know it was goat cheese. I love being sneaky sometimes:)
I also added some vegetables to bulk up the nutritional value and flavor of the pasta. The roasted garlic mushrooms and fresh spinach are so tasty in this pasta dish. I sprinkled in some freshly chopped basil right before serving because fresh basil is always a good idea-especailly when it comes to pasta.
Add Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach & Roasted Mushrooms to your dinner menu. This easy meatless pasta dish is a favorite of ours and I think you will enjoy it too!
Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Roasted Mushrooms
Creamy goat cheese pasta with spinach and roasted mushrooms. This easy meatless meal is a regular at our dinner table.
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 (8 ounce package) Crimini mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 lb pasta (we used Rotini)
4 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup freshly chopped basil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place mushrooms in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add in garlic and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mushrooms evenly onto a large greased baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring once.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, but before draining, reserve 1 cup cooking water.
3. Toss pasta with roasted mushrooms, spinach, and goat cheese. Add in reserved cooking liquid and stir until the cheese melts and the pasta becomes creamy. Toss in fresh basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like this Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach & Roasted Mushrooms, you might also like:
- Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo from Lauren’s Latest
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Fried Kale, Tomato Sauce, & Goat Cheese from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Arugula and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad from Cookie and Kate
- Stovetop Avocado Mac and Cheese from Two Peas and Their Pod