Greek Salad Bruschetta
We’ve been attending and hosting a lot of BBQ’s this summer. I am not complaining, I love eating outside with friends, family, and good food. Josh and I usually eat outside on our patio, even when we don’t have company. It’s hard to stay inside when the weather is so nice. Utah is hot, but luckily it cools down in the evenings:) One of my favorite appetizers to make for summer parties is this Greek Salad Bruschetta. It is easy, fresh, and a great way to use up garden cucumbers and tomatoes.
To make the bruschetta, I cut a French baguette into slices. You can toast the bread in the oven or on the grill. We already had the grill on and I didn’t want to heat up the house, so Josh grilled the baguette slices. Plus, I like the slight smoky flavor the grill adds to the bread.
The Greek bruschetta topping is easy to make. Dice up tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, and red onion. Stir the ingredients together with red wine vinegar, feta cheese, and season with a dash of oregano, salt, and pepper. Top the baguette slices with the Greek salad topping and serve.
Put your garden cucumbers and tomatoes to good use this summer and make this Greek Salad Bruschetta. This easy appetizer is perfect for any summer barbeque or party. It also makes a great healthy snack or light lunch.
Greek Salad Bruschetta
French baguette, sliced
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
1/3 cup kalamata olives, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1. To grill the baguette slices: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place baguette slices directly on a grill and grill for 2-3 minutes, or until slices have grill marks. To toast the baguette slices in the oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until baguette slices are golden brown and toasted.
2. To make the Greek Salad Bruschetta topping: In a medium bowl, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, and red onion. Add red wine vinegar and feta cheese. Stir until well combined. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Top baguette slices with bruschetta topping. Serve immediately.
If you like this Greek Salad Bruschetta, you might also like:
- Greek Salad Cucumber Bites from Recipe Girl
- Tofu Greek Salad from Eat, Live, Run
- Greek Pasta Salad from Three Many Cooks
- Cucumber Feta Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod