Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

We are in California right now. Last week, we attended a blogging event with Dole in Monterey and this week we are hanging out with Josh’s family. We are having a great time and Caleb has been such a good baby.

I am currently obsessed with California’s strawberries. There is a strawberry stand on almost every corner. The strawberries are freshly picked and so delicious. I made this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt before we left for California and I want to make it again with all of these yummy California berries.

Frozen yogurt is probably my second favorite treat-cookies will always be number one:) I could eat fro yo every day in the summer…and most days I do! We love going out for soft serve, but I also love making it at home. It is so easy! You only need four ingredients to make this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt-strawberries, Greek yogurt, sugar, and lemon juice. I use Chobani 0% plain yogurt and it works great! The frozen yogurt is creamy and smooth.

Find some juicy strawberries and make this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt. It is the perfect cool down treat for a hot day!

And on a side note-I went to Trader Joe’s on Monday and I am madly in love with that store. I wanted to buy one of everything, but unfortunately I don’t have that much room in my suitcase. I did buy some coconut oil, cookie spread, a cookie spread candy bar, sweet potato chips, and a few other random things. I might have to stop in one more time before we go home. I really wish we had a Trader Joe’s in Utah!

And another side note-today is Josh’s birthday! Yay! We are going out to dinner with family and making his favorite Key Lime Tart for dessert! Happy Birthday Josh! We love you!

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

Yield: 1 quart

Easy strawberry frozen yogurt made with only 4 ingredients-strawberries, sugar, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice!

1 pound strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and sliced
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

1. Place the sliced strawberries in large bowl with the sugar. Stir until sugar begins to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.

2. Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt and fresh lemon juice. Pulse until strawberries are smooth.

3. Chill mixture for at least 1 hour, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

Recipe from David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop

If you like this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt, you might also like:

102 Responses to “Strawberry Frozen Yogurt”

1. Pingback: Lime and Coconut Ice Cream Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

2. Pingback: Strawberry Frozen Yogurt « A Balanced Life Cooks

3. Pingback: Strawberry Frozen Yogurt | emmasbakingaddiction

Megan — August 1, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Good news! Salt Lake is getting a Trader Joe’s by the end of the year! http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/54248352-79/trader-joe-store-utah.html.csp

Pa — September 29, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

What if you dont have an ice cream maker????

Linda — November 24, 2012 @ 6:44 am

Love this recipe. I have more strawberries in my garden than I know what to do with. This is a terrific recipe – and healthy. I double it up. Also I blitz & freeze the strawberries, lemon juice & sugar and then defrost & add the yoghurt at a later point. Greetings from South Africa :-)

Jasmine Ward — December 4, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

Just made this with organic grass fed non-homogenized yogurt, organic strawberries and organic raw cane sugar. It looks, and smells so good! I have it setting in the freezer now, but I did sneak a taste or two by scraping the bowl. Very, very good. :) Thanks!

Anna Scotte — December 20, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

this is awesome.FRO-YO is really good and thanks for sharing the recipe.

9. Pingback: Strawberry frozen yoghurt | Start to be Healthy Now

10. Pingback: 12 Strawberry Recipes for Spring | Café Zupas

11. Pingback: Strawberries » Layden Photography

Eileen — May 5, 2013 @ 9:34 pm

Did not like this recipe. It was too seeet and it is more like a sorbet. I would use half the strawberries and half the sugar.

diet recipes — May 13, 2013 @ 9:13 am

I don’t know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering issues with
    your site. It appears as if some of the written text within
    your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if
    this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Many thanks

• Two Peas replied: — May 13th, 2013 @ 9:33 am

Hmm…our site looks fine to us and we haven’t heard any other complaints. I will look into it. Thanks for letting us know. Try a different browser to see if it helps!

14. Pingback: 50 "Skinny" Dessert Recipes | Six Sisters' Stuff

15. Pingback: Strawberry Desserts

Amanda — March 2, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

Just made this for my husband and daughter with food allergies – she hasn’t ever had ice cream until today! She LOVED it!!!

I wish there was a way to reduce the sugar a bit though…

17. Pingback: strawberry frozen yogurt with dark chocolate chunks | kitchen konfidential