Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies-rich and fudgy chocolate cookies with chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
Most people talk about cravings during pregnancy, but what about cravings after having a baby? I am nursing our little Maxwell and I am starving all of the time! I am craving WAY more foods now than I did when I was pregnant. I am constantly craving something and the number one thing on my list right now is CHOCOLATE! Why can’t I be craving broccoli? Ok, I crave veggies every day too, but they are always followed up by something sweet…like these Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies.
I made a batch of these cookies before I had Maxwell and instantly fell in love. They are divine! So I made another batch to stick in the freezer for a rainy day…or a tired and starving new mom day:) I am so glad I did because they cure my chocolate craving every time!
These cookies are so rich and fudgy you will never know they are vegan! They are almost too good to be true!
The cookie dough is made with Dutch process cocoa, coconut oil, Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, chopped almonds, and chocolate chips!
There is a lot of chocolaty goodness going on in these cookies and the almonds add a nice crunch!
I seriously can’t get enough of these Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies. My stash is almost gone and that makes me nervous. I NEED my cookie fix right now. I might have to bake another batch during Maxwell’s nap time! I am sure he will wake up as soon as he smells the cookies though. I know I couldn’t resist one of these decadent cookies! He will just have to be happy with my milk for now. I will eat the cookies and he can have milk. Milk and cookies, we make a great team already:)
Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies
Rich and fudgy chocolate cookies with chopped up almonds and chocolate chips. You will never know these decadent cookies are vegan. They are SO good and they freeze well too!
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
3/4 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugars and coconut oil. Beat on medium-high until well combined. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Add the flour mixture in two batches, alternately with the milk, with the mixer on low. Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
5. Form dough into cookie dough balls, using a cookie scoop or spoon. Place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Lightly press down on the cookies with the palm of your hand. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until the cookies are set around the edges, but soft in the center. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Note-make sure you use vegan chocolate chips if you need the cookies to be vegan. I like Enjoy Life brand. Store cookies in an air-tight container, for up to 3 days.They also freeze well!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Almond Breeze, but our opinions are our own.