Almond Butter Pancakes-these healthy, whole wheat almond butter pancakes are the perfect way to start the day!
We usually make pancakes on the weekends, but I couldn’t wait for the weekend this week. I was craving Almond Butter Pancakes like nobody’s business. Yesterday, I woke up early and whipped up a batch and it was the best decision ever. When you start the day with a stack of pancakes, you know it is going to be a good day, especially when those pancakes are Almond Butter Pancakes. They are hearty, healthy, and will give you the energy you need to conquer the world!
I love these pancakes because they are healthy, easy to make, and our boys love them! I don’t tell our boys that they are healthy pancakes though, that is our little secret:)
The pancakes are made with whole wheat flour, almond butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and coconut oil. I love using Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla because it has a sweet vanilla flavor, but there is no added sugar. I also like using the shelf stable almond milk because it is easy to keep in the pantry. I can whip up pancakes whenever I am in the mood, even on a weekday!
I like to top the pancakes with extra almond butter, berries, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. These protein-packed pancakes are light and fluffy and will keep you full until lunch time! And a bonus, they freeze beautifully. So make extra and keep some in the freezer for busy mornings. You can reheat them in the toaster or microwave in a matter of seconds!
Now, go start your day with a stack of Almond Butter Pancakes. They are guaranteed to make the day better!
Almond Butter Pancakes
Start your day with these healthy, protein-packed pancakes!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- Almond butter, berries, and maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil. In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the almond butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and add to the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Drop about a 1/4 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone. Serve warm with almond butter, berries, and maple syrup, if desired.
These pancakes freeze beautifully! Cool completely and store in a freezer bag for up to 1 month. Reheat in the toaster or microwave.