You can have this fresh and healthy Arugula Pasta Salad on your dinner table in less than 20 minutes!
Happy Labor Day! Any fun plans for your holiday? We are laying low today. We were on vacation last week and are using the holiday to catch up on life. That means lots of laundry, grocery shopping, and answering emails. Don’t feel bad for us, vacation was so worth it. I will be sharing our Jackson Hole experience tomorrow, so stay tuned! We had a wonderful time!
And we aren’t going to let the holiday pass us by without some good food. I am making one of my favorite pasta salads today-Arugula Pasta Salad.
I make this simple pasta salad all of the time. It is great to take to parties, potlucks, or to friends that are in need of a tasty meal. It is also great for a quick, easy, and healthy lunch or dinner.
I start with DeLallo’s Organic Whole Wheat Fusilli. The fusilli pasta noodles are fun and I love serving up heart healthy whole wheat pasta!
I add arugula, capers, grape tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese to the pasta. If your garden is overflowing with tomatoes, you can use whatever you have on hand. You can’t beat good garden tomatoes:)
I toss the salad with a light and refreshing lemon olive oil dressing and there you have it! A simple and healthy pasta salad! I told you it was easy:)
You can serve the Arugula Pasta Salad at room temperature or chilled. It will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days so I like to make a big bowl so we can eat leftovers for lunch.
If you are looking for an easy pasta salad recipe to celebrate Labor Day, make this Arugula Pasta Salad. It’s fresh, colorful, and a real crowd pleaser. It is also a great back to school time! You can have this Arugula Pasta Salad on the table in under 20 minutes! Make sure you keep this recipe handy! We make it all of the time and I think you will too!
Arugula Pasta Salad
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
For the Pasta:
- 10 ounces DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with arugula, capers, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over pasta salad and toss until well coated. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Note-you can also stir in white beans, garbanzo beans, or chicken for added protein. The pasta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with DeLallo, but our opinions are our own.