Salads don’t have to be boring, give this Asian Salad with Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette a try!
It’s a week into the new year and if you are already sick of eating salad, we are here to save the day! Don’t give up on salad just yet! Today we are sharing an Asian Salad with Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette. This salad is full of flavor and far from boring!
This salad recipe comes from the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) High Performance Chef Allen Tran, MS, RD. Chef Tran is making sure the U.S ski and snowboarding teams are ready for the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia by fueling them with the very best food. He created this high-performance salad for the athletes to enjoy while they train in Park City, Utah. Yay for Utah!
Blue Diamond Almonds are the official snack nut of the US Ski Team and US Snowboarding Team and this salad is topped with Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds. They add protein, fiber, flavor, and crunch to the salad. The almonds have a kick of wasabi with a sweet and salty finish. They are so good!
The Asian Salad also has carrots, seaweed strips, cilantro, sesame seeds, and a soy-ginger vinaigrette. I changed Chef Tran’s salad up a bit by adding cucumber slices and avocado. Adding avocado is always a good idea:) This salad reminds me of sushi, but better. It is easy to make and will fuel your body with the energy you need to ski, snowboard…or just get through a busy day!
This Asian Salad with Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette is going to be a regular at our house. If it’s good enough for USSA athletes, I know it belongs on our table:)
Watch Chef Tran make this healthy Asian salad here. And make sure you cheer on Team USA at the Winter Games!
Asian Salad with Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette
Asian salad with carrots, cucumber, seaweed strips, cilantro, sesame seeds, avocado, and a soy-ginger dressing.
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- For the Asian Salad:
- 1 5 oz package Spring Mix Salad Mix
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 1 thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 3 sheets toasted seaweed sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado sliced, pit removed
- 1/3 cup Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy Sauce Almonds
- For the Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar use brown sugar for vegan
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Add salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. To make the vinaigrette, place all ingredients in a jar, close tightly and shake vigorously to combine and emulsify.
3. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.
Note-you can also use a store-bought Asian salad dressing.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, but our opinions are our own.
Our nation’s best athletes can be even better with your support. Send your words of inspiration to the U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding via the Blue Diamond Almonds “Inspire Team USA” sweepstakes and you could win a $2000 winter gear gift card and a Blue Diamond Almonds Viewing Kit.