Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts-one of our favorite quick and healthy meals! Great recipe for any time of the day!
We have six chickens and we are always looking for ways to use up our fresh eggs. I am usually not an egg eater, but I do enjoy the eggs from our chickens. I really can taste a difference. You can’t beat a fresh egg:)
When we have too many eggs in the fridge and I am feeling lazy, I always make Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts. This recipe is so easy and it has all of my favorite things! Plus, it is good any time of the day…for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a healthy snack!
I eat avocado toast almost every day. It is my favorite! Caleb loves it too. When I make Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts I feel like a queen. It takes plain old avocado toast to a new level of goodness.
This recipe is so simple. The hardest part is not burning the toast…ha! I start by spreading a layer of Sabra’s Classic Hummus on a piece of toast. Next, I add a layer of smashed avocado that has been seasoned with sea salt and black pepper.
Now let’s talk about fried eggs for a second. Josh loves his eggs over easy, which means the yolk is still soft and runny. I personally can’t stand runny yolks. It kind of grosses me out, so I always cook my eggs over hard. I don’t want any yellow stuff oozing out:) You can cook your eggs however you like them for this recipe!
I like to top the eggs with chopped tomatoes. The pop of red is the perfect finishing touch!
Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts are a favorite at our house! They are super easy to make and always hit the spot. I hope you enjoy them too!
And make sure you “Like Sabra on Facebook” for other tasty hummus recipes!
Hummus, Avocado, and Egg Toasts
Toast with hummus, smashed avocado, eggs, and tomatoes. One of our favorite easy meals!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pieces toasted bread we use whole wheat
- 4 tablespoons Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 medium avocado peeled and pit removed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
1. Cook one egg at a time. Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Crack an egg into the pan and cook over medium heat. Josh likes his eggs over easy, with a runny yolk. I like my eggs over hard, with no runny yolk. Cook your eggs to your liking.
2. Using a fork, smash the avocado. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. Spread hummus on each piece of toast. Add a layer of smashed avocado. Top with cooked eggs. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Sabra Dipping Co, LLC, but our opinions are our own.