Baked Mozzarella Sticks-a fun and easy snack that kids and adults love!
Are you ready for some football? We are! We are gearing up for a fun football weekend and that means lots and lots of good food! My favorite part of the game:)
If you are having a party and need a football friendly snack that the kiddos and adults will love, you need to make our Baked Mozzarella Sticks. They are so easy and will be a hit with every football fan…and those that just show up for the food and commercials:)
I love making Baked Mozzarella Sticks because they are super easy to make and can be made in advance. You can store them in the freezer until game time, party time, or snack time. Pull them out of the freezer, pop them in the oven and let them bake until the cheese barely starts to melt.
They only take 10 minutes to bake! you can’t beat that!
The crispy, golden coating is made up of a little flour, egg, breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried herbs. Super simple and super delicious!
We like to serve the Baked Mozzarella Sticks with our Easy Marinara Sauce. I like to make the sauce in advance too. Just heat it up when you are ready to serve the cheesy sticks!
I love making these Baked Mozzarella Sticks for game day and parties because they are a real crowd pleaser…and a Caleb pleaser. They are his favorite! He loves dipping his mozzarella sticks into the marinara sauce.
The Baked Mozzarella Sticks are fun to make and fun to eat…and even better when served with Munchkin’s bright colored tableware! Caleb takes after me and has an obsession with fun dishes:) He likes to pick out his dishes for every meal and Munchkin are his favorite!
Get your game faces on and make Baked Mozzarella Sticks! They are sure to be a touchdown with the kiddos and adults! SCORE!
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour
- 24 sticks
- 12 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat or plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- Easy Marinara Sauce. for serving
- Cut cheese sticks in half and freeze until hard, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, and garlic powder. In a separate small bowl, add the flour. In a third small bowl, add the egg and whisk well.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Dip frozen cheese sticks into the flour, shaking off any excess flour. Next, dip into the egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs mixture. Make sure you coat the cheese sticks well, including the ends. Place sticks on prepared baking sheet. When all of the sticks are coated, freeze on the sheet for at least 15 minutes, or until ready to bake. Don't skip this step! You need to freeze them before baking so they don't ooze out in the oven.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the cheese sticks in the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes, turn sticks over and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until sticks are golden brown and soft. You don't want the cheese to ooze out. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
- Note-you can make the cheese sticks in advance, freeze them on the baking sheet until frozen solid. Transfer to a Ziploc freezer bag or freezer container. Store in the freezer until ready to bake. Will keep in the freezer for up to one month.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Munchkin, but our opinions are our own. Munchkin rids the world of the mundane by developing clever, innovative solutions that make family life safe, easier, and more fun. You can find their products at Munchkin.com, Target, Babies’R’Us, Walmart, and Amazon. It’s the little things!
Tune into Munchkin’s Instagram account this weekend, I will be sharing some fun game day inspired photos!
Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.