Balsamic Grilled Cherry, Blueberry, Goat Cheese, and Candied Hazelnut Salad-mixed salad greens topped with balsamic grilled cherries, blueberries, goat cheese, and candied hazelnuts. This fruity and flavorful salad is a must make for summertime.
I love eating fruits and vegetables, I better since I am a vegetarian, but sometimes even I struggle with getting enough fruits and veggies into my diet. I have been trying to eat a salad every single day. I love making salads because they are a great way to get in my greens. I also love salads because the greens are like a blank canvas. You can top the greens with a variety of fruits and vegetables and create a masterpiece.
My current favorite salad is this Balsamic Grilled Cherry, Blueberry, Goat Cheese, and Candied Hazelnut Salad. It is a true work of art! And the best part, it is a tasty work of art! I love everything about this summer salad!
Cherries are SO good right now. I can’t stop eating them. I bought a basket from the market and decided to grill them for my salad.
I pitted the cherries and tossed them in Newman’s Own® Lite Balsamic Dressing. When I don’t have time to make my own dressing, I love using Newman’s Own because it tastes great and all profits benefit charities.
I put the balsamic cherries on a grill pan and grilled them until they were juicy and slightly charred. Grilling the cherries makes them even better! I didn’t think it was possible for them to get any better, but grill them and you will fall in love!
I topped a bed of greens with my balsamic grilled cherries, blueberries, goat cheese, and candied hazelnuts. Yes, I said candied hazelnuts. They are all kinds of awesome! They add the perfect crunch and sweetness to the salad. I finish the salad with a drizzle of the Lite Balsamic Dressing. All of the flavors come together to create an amazing salad!
This salad makes it easy to get my fruits and veggies in! It is loaded with goodness! I could easily eat this salad every day and I think I just might!
I am for sure making this salad for the 4th of July. It is festive with the red, white, and blue going on!
Make my Balsamic Grilled Cherry, Blueberry, Goat Cheese, and Candied Hazelnut Salad. It is the perfect salad for summertime!
Balsamic Grilled Cherry, Blueberry, Goat Cheese, and Candied Hazelnut Salad
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup shelled hazelnuts
- 8-10 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cherries pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Dressing
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Additional Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Dressing for the salad
- First, candy the hazelnuts. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and hot water. Add the hazelnuts and toss until well coated. Pour mixture onto a large baking sheet that has been lined with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Bake until hazelnuts are crisp, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled, break hazelnuts apart. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place cherries in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of balsamic dressing and toss well. Place cherries on a grill pan and grill until tender, about 5 minutes. Use a spatula to turn occasionally while cooking.
- In a large bowl, add greens, grilled cherries, blueberries, goat cheese, and candied hazelnuts. Drizzle with additional balsamic dressing and serve immediately.
- Note-I usually don't add the full 1 cup of hazelnuts to the salad, but I like to candy 1 cup at a time. Add however many you like!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Newman’s Own, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.