Today is an exciting day! Amy Atlas’s book, Sweet Designs, hits the book shelves. I got my book last week and I am in love! Amy’s book is filled with over 175 recipes and dessert displays that are easy to create at home. There are so many fun and creative ideas in Sweet Designs, I want to have a party every day! Amy’s dessert tables are fabulous! I didn’t have time to create an entire table yet, but soon! I couldn’t wait to try one of Amy’s recipes though-the book is filled with lots and lots of sugary sweets. My kind of book:) I made Amy’s Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, one of the recipes included in the Pastel Pretty party. I love all things pastel and Amy’s Pastel Pretty Party is perfection…and so are the Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
The banana cupcakes are simple to make, which makes them perfect party food. The banana cupcakes are super moist thanks to the bananas and sour cream and are topped with cream cheese frosting. These classic cupcakes are sure to be a hit at any party. Amy jazzes the cupcakes up with licorice pastel candies. Since I still have multiple bags of Easter M&M’s lying around the house, I used Easter M&M’s. I knew loading up on the after Easter candy sales would come in handy:)
The Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are a reason to have a party on their own, but Amy’s Pastel Pretty table is filled with pretty pastel treats. A few of the sweets include: vanilla cake, pound cake bites, sugar cookies, eclairs, and cotton candy sticks. Oh, and did I mention Amy created a tablecloth made with Necco Wafers? Genius! I can’t wait to have my own Pastel Pretty party!
Sweet Designs is filled with lots of party planning ideas, crafts, recipes, and tips. All of the dessert tables are spectacular! And don’t worry if you are not crafty or creative, Amy makes party planning easy! So before you plan your next party, pick up a copy of Sweet Designs. Amy will help make your party a smashing success!
We loved these Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and we think you will too! They are perfect for any party or just because! Enjoy!
Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the banana cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe medium bananas roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Pastel candy or sprinkles for decorating optional ( I used Easter M&M's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and continue to beat, adding one egg at a time until thoroughly combined. Add the sour cream and bananas and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add flour mixture to the mixer and beat until just smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Fill each cup about 2/3 of the way full with the batter and bake, rotating halfway through, until the cupcakes are golden and a cake tester inserted int he middle comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the frosting onto each cupcake. Using an offset spatula and holding the cupcake in your hand, spread the frosting on in swirls by turning the cupcake in your hand. Ring each cupcake with pastel candies or sprinkles, if using. Serve immediately or store in an air tight container and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
These look great! I love the color and taste palette. Really pretty – thanks for sharing!
favorite kind of party to throw is a saturday night summer BBQ, for not particular reason except to celebrate summer, nice weather and good friends!
We throw a great Super Bowl party every year with homemade pizza and hot wings. It’s lots of fun! I would love a copy of Amy’s book…..so amazing!
I love to throw a Christmas party every year.
Birthday Parties! Love making something special for the birthday person! Including their favorite meal and cake!
I know this sounds crazy but i love planning bridal showers. you can do so much and get so creative. i am planning my best friends bridal shower for this June and i’m using a few of Amy Atlas’s ideas for inspiration to create a dessert table. i can’t wait to create it and see how it comes out!!!
I love to make new years eve parties because everyone is happy and willing to the receive the upcoming year with the best energies! Its a lot of fun and you feel the positive vibe in the air ! Thats what gives you the inspiration to prepare everything and cook for this night
I love to throw holiday parties! I just love all the holiday decorations!!!
My fav party is in warm weather when we can be outside! Then a little cool in the evening for the fire pit:)
My favorite kind of party to throw is a Halloween party because people get so into dressing up. It’s like a kid party again filled with candy. The banana cupcakes seem a lot like banana bread that was frosted which of course would be delicious.
I’m following on pinterest!
I like to throw showers, birthday parties, or anything to celebrate people I love!
My favorite party to throw is brunch!
I follow Two Peas on Pinterest!
I love birthday parties!
Birthday Parties! I want to make it special for my kids so they can pass the trend on to there kids. To make there day special just for them. I want them to say Mom always made me feel special on my Birthday with her special recipe for cakes, cookies or cupcakes. I think this book would help me do a great job of this.
a dessert party! so much can be done early and there are overall less dishes to wash.
Babyshowers have always been a favorite party to throw. Love making mini sized portions. Mini cupcakes are the best!!
Following you in Pinterest.
I love to throw Christmas parties for family and friends!!
I love having celebrations and having the family over. love your blog
Winter holiday party for friends. 🙂
I follow on pintrest
birthday and New years parties are my favorite !
I LOVE halloween parties! I make a special dinner each halloween and always try to host one adult party too!
Shared on my FB page.
Following you on pinterest.
My favorite party to through are birthday parties. Celebrating the day a person was born is conmemorating the day we all got the wonderful gift of this person in our life.
My favorite party is a 4th of July party! Great food and lots of family!
I follow Two Peas on Pinterest.
I follow you on pinterest !
following you on pinterest!!
weddings are the best! i love all the white and the love.
I absolutely love making all sorts of birthday parties – kids and adults!
My absolute favorite holiday is Christmas so i would have to say that i would love to throw a awesome christmas party – I have yet to do one so maybe Amy’s book will inspire me.
These cupcakes look wonderful. I would really like to showcase this recipe on my cupcake recipes and ideas blog if you agree.
I have made banana cupcakes for years. But, hands
down, these are the BEST ever! Moist and yummy!!
See More Comments