Basil Vinaigrette-this easy basil vinaigrette is great as a salad dressing or sauce for chicken, fish, vegetables, or pasta. It is good on just about everything!
Happy 4th of July! Today, I am sharing one of my favorite summer recipes, Basil Vinaigrette. It takes about five minutes to make and goes great on just about everything. I use it mostly as a salad dressing, but it is also great on vegetables, chicken, fish, and pasta.
During the summer, I keep this Basil Vinaigrette in the fridge at all times because it seriously makes everything better! And it is a great way to use up the summer basil!
To make the vinaigrette, blend basil, garlic, shallot, fresh lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper together. The end result is a bright green vinaigrette that is full of flavor.
It will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and don’t worry if you run out because you can always make more. And I highly recommend you make a caprese salad and drizzle this vinaigrette over the top. It is life changing!
Make this quick and easy Basil Vinaigrette, it is sure to become a staple in your house! I can’t live without it!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the basil, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, olive oil, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve!
- Note-vinaigrette will keep in a jar or container in the fridge for up to 5 days.