Berry Granola-this easy homemade granola is bursting with berries and fun bunny shapes for kids. It is great with milk, yogurt, or eaten by the handful.
Saturday mornings are my favorite, they always have been. When I was little, I would wake up early with my brother and sister to watch Saturday morning cartoons. We would turn on the TV and sneak into the kitchen to raid the cereal cabinet. We would load our bowls with cereal and milk and watch cartoons in our pajamas until my dad woke up and would make us do our Saturday chores. Good times.
Our boys are continuing my Saturday morning cartoon and cereal tradition and it makes me smile. I love watching them snuggle on the couch while they watch cartoons.
They love just about any cereal, but lately, they especially love Saturday mornings since we started making Berry Granola, using our new favorite bunny-shaped cereal.
I love making homemade granola because it is easy to make and great to have on hand. I try to make Berry Granola in advance so it is ready to go on Saturday morning. Our boys wake up early, even on Saturdays, so I like having breakfast ready for them. They want to eat and watch their shows.
This Berry Granola is playful with fun bunny shapes and loaded with lots of goodies. I bet you have most of them in your pantry. The base of the granola contains oats, coconut, almonds, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
When the granola comes out of the oven, I add freeze dried berries and Annie’s Organic Berry Bunnies Cereal. They make the granola extra special.
Caleb and Maxwell love the addition of the fruity and delicious bunnies. I love that they are made with whole grain oats and free from artificial flavors, synthetic colors, preservatives, and artificial sweeteners.
The Berry Bunny Granola is great with milk, yogurt, or eaten by the handful.
Enjoy fun Berry Granola on Saturday morning, it is sure to make your Saturday morning extra special. And don’t forget to turn on the cartoons. I just wish I could find some episodes of Jem, Care Bears, Dennis the Menace, and Rainbow Brite. The good old days!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Annie's Organic Berry Bunnies Cereal
- ¾ cup freeze dried berries I use a mix of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Slipat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil and maple syrup over medium heat, whisking frequently. When combined, about 2 minutes, remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well coated. Spread onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until granola is golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Let granola cool. Stir in the Annie's Berry Bunnies Cereal and the freeze dried berries. Serve! The granola will keep in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.
- Note-if you like clumpy granola, don't stir the granola while it is in the oven and let it cool completely before removing from pan. It will harden as it cools.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is sponsored by Annie’s, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.