Blueberry Almond Pancakes-whole wheat pancakes with blueberries and almonds. These healthy pancakes are the perfect way to start the day.
We keep pancakes in the freezer at all times because you never know when our boys are going to wake up craving pancakes. Sure, I could whip up fresh pancakes in the morning, but our boys wake up before 6:00 a.m. almost every single day. Sometimes my eyes aren’t open wide enough to make pancakes at that hour, so frozen pancakes save my life.
Our boys are currently on a Blueberry Almond Pancake kick. They have been begging for them every morning. Luckily, I have a secret stash in the freezer.
I don’t mind serving up these pancakes to our boys because they are healthy pancakes. They are made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil, almond milk, a little coconut sugar, blueberries, and Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds. The almonds add a nice crunch and extra protein. I also add in a little almond extract to bring out the almond flavor. Blueberries and almonds make a great team!
I top the pancakes with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a few more blueberries and almonds. The pancakes keep the boys full for hours, which is a huge bonus since our boys are always hungry. I don’t know what I am going to do when they are teenagers:) I am sure they will be eating stacks and stacks of pancakes!
Did you know Blue Diamond is the Official Snack Nut for Team USA Swimming and is helping fuel the athletes? I bet the athletes would love a stack of these Blueberry Almond Pancakes to fuel their many laps in the pool. Maybe they should come over and join our boys for breakfast. I am sure they get up early too:)
We are partnering with Blue Diamond Almonds to do a quick survey and would love for you to fill it out. If you do, be sure to come back to this page and leave a comment saying that you took the survey, and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $50 VISA gift card. We’ll close the survey and choose a winner on July 29th, 2016. Take the survey here. Good luck and thanks for your help!
And make Blueberry Almond Pancakes this weekend, just make sure you save some for the freezer. They will come in handy later.
Blueberry Almond Pancakes
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds
- Extra blueberries chopped almonds, and maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, coconut oil, almond extract, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over mix. Gently stir in the blueberries and almonds. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Drop about a 1/3 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone. Serve warm with extra blueberries, chopped almonds, and maple syrup, if desired.
- Note-these pancakes freeze well. To freeze, place cooled pancakes in a freezer bag or freezer container. Reheat the pancakes in the microwave or toaster. Pancakes will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Blue Diamond Almonds understand what it takes to be the best. That’s why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Swimming. Visit www.LaneToGreatness.com for a chance to win $5,000 to fuel your dreams of greatness (whatever they may be), get a Blue Diamond Almonds coupon and recipes, and more.