Blueberry Coconut Crisp-ripe, juicy blueberries are topped with a sweet and simple coconut oat topping. Serve with ice cream or yogurt for an extra special treat!
I know it isn’t technically summer yet, but once Memorial Day happens, I consider it summer. I never understood and still don’t understand why some schools make the kids go back to class after Memorial Day. It should be summer vacation! I always hated going back and I don’t remember doing anything productive after Memorial Day. We were just killing time until school was out for the summer. If you are still in school, I am sorry. Hang in there.
Luckily, Caleb is out of preschool for the summer. They got the memo about summer starting after Memorial Day…or maybe they didn’t want to deal with 3-year olds anymore:) It’s an exhausting job. Either way, it is summer vacation at our house and we are getting the summer party started with Blueberry Coconut Crisp.
Blueberries have always been Caleb’s favorite fruit and it looks like Maxwell is following in his brother’s footsteps. He loves blueberries too. I buy the biggest containers I can find and the boys devour them. I bought a big container of blueberries and hid them on the top shelf of the fridge so the boys couldn’t find them. These blueberries were for the crisp!
Look at those plump and juicy berries! They were the perfect base for my crisp.
I sprinkled the oat mixture over the blueberries and baked until bubbly. This crisp is almost too easy to make!
When the crisp came out of the oven, I ate a few bites right from the pan, because who can resist warm blueberry crisp? Not me! The blueberries burst into my mouth and the coconut oat topping was perfection. I saved the rest of the crisp for family dessert night and my boys were happy about that! We enjoyed our Blueberry Coconut Crisp outside with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hellooooo summer!
If you are ready for summer to start, make Blueberry Coconut Crisp. It is the perfect dessert to kick off summer! And just so you know, this Blueberry Coconut Crisp is also great for breakfast. Whole grain oats and fruit equals a breakfast of champions! I like to top it with yogurt if I am eating it for breakfast. This crisp is great anytime of the day! Enjoy!
Blueberry Coconut Crisp
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Ice cream or yogurt for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour blueberries into dish and pour lemon juice over the berries. Gently toss.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour or almond meal, coconut, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour coconut oil over the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the blueberries in the pan.
- Bake the crisp for 35 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream or yogurt, if desired.
- Note-cover cooled crisp and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Quaker Oats, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.