Blueberry Pancake Muffins-blueberry muffins with a sweet maple glaze that taste just like blueberry pancakes. They are perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Pancakes and muffins are two of our favorite breakfast treats. I always have a hard time deciding which to make. Well, today I didn’t have to pick a favorite because I made Blueberry Pancake Muffins from Joy the Baker’s new cookbook, Homemade Decadence. Joy is a genius! She combined two breakfast favorites to make one amazing muffin! Joy must have known I have a hard time making decisions. Problem solved. Blueberry Pancake Muffins are the answer to my never ending breakfast dilemma.
I love this muffin recipe because there are no special ingredients involved. I didn’t have to run to the store in my pajamas to buy anything…which is a bonus for me and everyone that shops at our local store:) I can look a little scary in the mornings:)
I also love this recipe because there is no standing in front of the griddle flipping pancakes. You just pour the muffin batter into the cute little muffin cups and let the oven do the work!
I used frozen blueberries for the muffins because we always have a big bag in the freezer. They worked beautifully and saved me a trip to the store. Remember, pajamas, tired mama, and the store don’t go well together:) But Blueberry Pancake Muffins and a tired mama are a match made in heaven! These blueberry muffins are the perfect morning pick me up!
The muffins really do taste JUST like blueberry pancakes, maybe even better! I instantly fell in love with the tender muffin batter, plump blueberries, and sweet maple glaze. Yes, there is a glaze that gets drizzled over the muffins. You can’t have pancakes without maple syrup and you can’t have pancake muffins without a maple glaze. It is a rule!
Stay in your pajamas and make a batch of Blueberry Pancake Muffins. They are easy enough to whip up on a weekday morning and good enough to indulge in on the weekends! Thanks Joy for creating the best of both worlds! These pancake muffins are all kinds of awesome!
And make sure you check out Joy’s new cookbook, Homemade Decadence. It is filled with 125 sweet treats that will fulfill all of your sugar fantasies!
Blueberry Pancake Muffins
- For the muffins:
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- For the maple glaze:
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Put a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- 2. For the muffins, in a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, egg yolk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the butter and stir well.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk mixture and stir gently. Fold in the blueberries. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- 4. Bake until golden and a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, for the maple glaze, in a small saucepan set over low heat, combine the maple syrup and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a thick (thicker than maple syrup) syrup, about 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- 6. When the muffins are out of the oven and cool enough to handle, poke a few holes in each muffin top with a toothpick and drizzle a few spoonfuls of the glaze over each muffin. The muffins will keep for up to 2 days on the counter.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod