Brie, Pesto, and Sweet Pepper Grilled Cheese-warm, melty brie with basil pesto and sweet red peppers! This simple sandwich is great for lunch or dinner!
Today is the last day of National Grilled Cheese Month. I might shed a tear. I am sad to see this month go. I’ve loved having an extra excuse to eat grilled cheese sandwiches. I have been craving grilled cheese sandwiches since the beginning of my pregnancy so I have fully embraced grilled cheese month. We still have one more day to celebrate and we are going out with a bang!
There is nothing wrong with a classic grilled cheese, but today I am sharing one of my new favorite grilled cheese recipes, a Brie, Pesto, and Sweet Pepper Grilled Cheese Sandwich. You NEED to make this sandwich today. Grilled cheese month insists and so do I!
You only need five ingredients to make this incredible sandwich. Bread, butter, brie, pesto, and sweet red peppers. That is it! Easy peasy!
I was feeling lazy so I busted out my favorite jarred pesto-Delallo’s Simply Basil Pesto. DeLallo’s pesto is made with handpicked Ligurian basil in an aromatic blend of olive oil, crunchy pine nuts, cashews, garlic and two celebrated Italian cheeses: Parmigiano-Reggiano and Pecorino Romano. It is the real deal! I also used DeLallo’s Sweet and Tangy Sun-Dried Peppers. They are super sweet…better than candy! I love them!
If you are a go-getter and want to make your own pesto, our Spinach Basil Pesto would be great on this sandwich. You can also use roasted red peppers, but I highly recommend DeLallo’s sweet peppers. They are my favorite and are so good in this grilled cheese sandwich!
Crunchy, buttery bread on the outside with creamy, melty brie cheese, basil pesto, and sweet peppers on the inside. This is grilled cheese perfection right here!
Celebrate the final day of National Grilled Cheese Month with a Brie, Pesto, and Sweet Pepper Grilled Cheese. Your belly will thank you! And don’t worry, if you don’t get to this sandwich today, it is totally acceptable to eat this grilled cheese sandwich all year long. I know I am going to:)
Brie, Pesto, and Sweet Pepper Grilled Cheese
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices sturdy bread I used ciabatta
- 2 tablespoon soft butter for brushing the bread
- 4 tablespoons DeLallo basil pesto
- 5 ounces brie cheese thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Sweet and Tangy Sun-Dried Peppers drained and chopped (or use roasted red peppers)
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread. Spread basil pesto on the inside of each slice of bread. Place the peppers and brie cheese slices on top of one piece of bread. Top with the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich, butter side down, on the hot pan. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with DeLallo, but our opinions are our own.