Candied Pecans-an easy recipe for Cinnamon-Sugar Candied Pecans! They are the perfect topping for salads, main dishes, desserts, or grab a handful for a snack! They are also perfect for gift giving!
I am obsessed with the scented wax melts. I have a drawer full of them and keep buying more when they are on sale. I love trying new scents. I always make Josh and Caleb sniff every scent in the store. Josh humors me and plays along, but usually turns up his nose at 98% of the scents. Caleb usually loves them all and encourages me to buy them…so I do! I want our house to smell good when friends walk in the door!
I am usually drawn to the scents that smell like food…cookies, cupcakes, apple pie, etc. The only problem is they make me hungry:)
I found a new favorite scent and it isn’t from a scented wax melt, it is from baking a batch of Candied Pecans. If you want your house to smell amazing, put a batch of Candied Pecans in the oven! Your neighbors will be knocking on the door to see what is happening in your kitchen. They smell SO good and they taste even better!
I especially love making candied pecans during the holiday months. I love the cinnamon aroma and the candied nuts are perfect for holiday recipes. They are a great topping for salads, main dishes, and desserts! They make everything taste better! They just add something special and that is what the holidays are all about! I also love eating them by the handful. They are crunchy, sweet, and make a great snack!
Candied Pecans are also EASY to make, which is a big time bonus during the crazy holiday months. You can pop a pan in the oven in a matter of minutes. You have to stir them while they are baking, but the smell will keep you close! You won’t want to go far!
Now, I just need to figure out how I can package my Candied Pecan smell in a scented wax melt. I would make millions:) Until then, I will just have to bake a pan of Candied Pecans every day! 🙂
And come back next week because I am sharing two tasty salads that feature candied pecans! You will want to add these salads to your holiday menus. I promise!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy. Add the pecans and gently toss until the pecans are well coated. Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss until pecans are covered.
- Spread the pecans out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The sugar mixture will harden on the pecans.
- Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool on the baking sheet. When completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod