Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies? drizzled with a sweet cream cheese glaze! If you like carrot cake, you will love these cookies!
Last week, I shared my favorite Carrot Cake recipe. I love that cake, you can’t go wrong with a classic carrot cake, but we all know my heart belongs to cookies! So I decided to create a carrot cake cookie! Yay!
I made Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies with Cheese Glaze and they are wonderful! Do I dare say they are better than the cake? I love them both, so I will let you decide. And you really don’t have to choose a favorite, you can have BOTH! Two desserts are better than one!
There is nothing healthy about my carrot cake, well, except for the carrots. I am fine with that because it is dessert, but I wanted to create a healthy-ish cookie. You know, so I can eat cake and cookies:)
For the cookies, I used white whole wheat flour, oats, and coconut oil. I also used carrots and raisins so these cookies have veggies and fruit…they are practically a super food:) If you want to throw in some chopped nuts, go for it! And if you are part of the raisin hater club, you can leave them out, but we love them!
Cream cheese frosting is a must when it comes to carrot cake, so I made a simple cream cheese glaze to drizzle over my cookies. The glaze gave the cookies the perfect sweet finish!
If you are a carrot cake fan, you will love these Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies with Cream Cheese Glaze. They are the perfect spring cookie! I am going to make a batch for the boy’s Easter baskets. I will make sure the Easter bunny puts a few in my basket too:)
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies with Cream Cheese Glaze
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine coconut oil and sugars, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Next, add the shredded carrots. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, coconut, and raisins.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the cream cheese glaze. Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies. Let cookies sit until glaze hardens up. Serve!
- Note-you can use whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour instead of white whole wheat flour. Use the same amount.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod? on? Instagram? and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag? #twopeasandtheirpod!? We want to see what you are making in your? kitchen!?