Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Bread-bread drizzled with garlic butter and stuffed with Gouda, bacon, and green onions. This easy, cheesy bread is perfect for game day, parties, or any day!
Today is National Cheese Lover’s Day and you better believe we are celebrating! We love cheese so we have to celebrate. It is a MUST! Make sure you head on over to Arla’s Instagram page because I am sharing lots of cheesy photos today!
To celebrate this special day, I thought about making one of our favorite grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, or an epic cheese platter, but my boys asked for their favorite Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Bread. I agreed because it is the perfect bread for Cheese Lover’s Day. It is loaded with cheesy goodness.
Oh, and you caught that there is bacon involved too, right? Yeah, no wonder my boys love this bread. All of their favorites in one loaf of bread!
To make pull-apart bread, start with a large loaf of Italian, French, or Sourdough bread. All work well, so choose your favorite. You really can’t go wrong with carbs:)
Cut the bread in a grid pattern, making sure you don’t cut all of the way to the bottom. You want the loaf to stay together.
Drizzle garlic butter in between the crevices of the bread and bake for 10 minutes. If we stopped here, the bread would be good, but oh no, it is Cheese Lover’s Day! Bring on the cheese!
Things are about to get very cheesy getting up in here! Are you ready? Let’s do this!
We use Arla Dofino’s Gouda cheese because it is the best! It has a slight nutty flavor and sweetness that goes great with the smoky bacon.
Stuff the bread with bacon pieces and shredded Arla Gouda cheese. And when I say stuff, I mean STUFF. You want the bread to be loaded! Sprinkle green onions on top and put the bread back in the oven.
Bake until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden. The smell will have you watching the kitchen timer. My boys never go far when this bread is in the oven!
Remove from the oven and pull away! This bread is delicious and fun to eat!
This Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Bread is the perfect bread for Cheese Lover’s Day. It is also great for parties, game day, or any day. Josh has already requested it for Super Bowl Sunday! It is always a hit!
What are you waiting for? Go get your cheese on and make this Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Bread! Happy Cheese Lover’s Day!
Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Bread
- 1 large loaf of French Italian or sourdough bread
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 strips cooked bacon chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 3 cups shredded Arla Dofino® Gouda Cheese
- Additional chopped green onions for garnish, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Use a serrated knife to cut a cross-hatch pattern into the bread. Slice 1/2-inch grid lines into the bread by slicing it lengthwise then widthwise without cutting all the way through the bottom crust. You want the bread to stay together.
- Combine the melted butter and garlic. Gently separate the bread with your fingers and drizzle the melted garlic butter mixture in between the cuts. Make sure the entire loaf gets drizzled with the butter mixture.
- Place the loaf of bread on a piece of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Wrap the bread half way up. Cover the top with a separate piece of ungreased foil. Place on a large baking sheet and put in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven and take off the top piece of foil.
- Gently pry apart the bread and stuff the bacon into the crevices. Next, stuff the shredded cheese into the crevices, making sure all of the bread is evenly stuffed with bacon and cheese. There is a lot of cheese, but keep stuffing! It will all fit. Sprinkle the green onions over the top, pushing them gently into the bread.
- Place the bread back in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional green onions, if desired. Remove the bottom piece of foil and serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Arla Dofino, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.
I see why the kids love it! I also see why I love it! This looks AMAZING! That cheesy bread goodness has my mouth watering like crazy. I am all over this one.
I once read that when dieting that they are two things woman can never resist 1) bacon 2) cheese. And now I see why!!! I would add 2 more things to that list 3) chocolate and 4) bread! You can’t beat it. The presentation here is spectacular =)
My kids love pull-apart bread as well and we as adults enjoy it very much! It’s gooey, crispy, and delicious <3
“You really can’t go wrong with carbs:)” <– YES. Add cheese (and bacon!) and I'm so in. This looks incredible!
oh how I wish I could eat this!!
This is perfect for game day!
I love a good pull apart bread recipe and this looks awesome, Maria!
Holy cow, I can’t let Ben see this bread or we’ll be eating it everyday of the week! Looks delicious!!
YUM! Bread + bacon + gouda…all of my weaknesses in one! Looks so good 🙂
Love cheese and love sour dough. Thank you.
Looks So Good !! Yummy !!
This bread is a perfect crowd pleaser for game day!
Oh wow! Yummy for my tummy!
Cheesy carbs. I’m in!
As a vegetarian, I’m so discouraged seeing bacon in anything and everything.
I am a vegetarian too and you can make the bread without the bacon, it is still good!
So much cheesy goodness! I’m afraid if I made this I would eat it all myself
This looks awesome! Going to make it for snow day tomorrow 🙂 Can you suggest a cheese that would also work well if Gouda is not a favorite of ours? or maybe a blend of gouda and another cheese? Thanks!!
Cheddar and Gouda would work well!
This looks cheesy-wonderful! And your site, all freshened up, looks great, too!
Omg, this looks amazing!! Guilty pleasure for sure!!
Using gouda and bacon was genius! I wouldn’t be able to keep my hands off this cheesy bread!
I can’t wait to make this…I always thought this type recipe was way more complicated than it is! Pinned 🙂
I made this for the AFC Championship and my friends literally cheered when I brought it to the table! Great Simple Recipe!
Would I be able to use cheese wiz instead if Gouda?
Should the bacon be cooked before putting in the bread or not?
Yes! Cook the bacon before!
Dang it that looks so good! Have done something similar and man is it good!
SO GOOD! I made this for fathers day. It was a hit! Yummy and easy to make!
This is wonderful! Thank you, Maria! My guests devoured it!
I did not have the courage to use a whole tablespoon of garlic powder. I used a generous teaspoon, and might actually increase the butter a bit next time.
I also did not add three cups of cheese. I probably added a generous cupful. Next time I will add more cheese and stuff it in deep as Maria urged us to do.
I also cooked and crumbled 1/2 pound of bacon and added it with the cheese. Wonderful.
I looked at several recipes and I think Maria’s is the best/easiest. You will not regret making this. It’s wonderful.