Cheesy Guacamole-traditional guacamole with a cheesy twist! You will love this easy and cheesy guacamole!
Cinco de Mayo is only a few days away! Are you ready to party? We are! I love celebrating Cinco de Mayo because that means LOTS of guacamole and chips! This year, we are making our boys favorite Cheesy Guacamole!
Thankfully, Caleb and Maxwell both love avocados. I don’t know what I would do if my children didn’t like avocados. They are in my top five favorite foods of all time and we eat them all of the time. They are just SO good, especially when they are turned into guacamole.
This guacamole starts off like traditional guacamole, but it gets even better because I add shredded cheddar cheese and queso fresco to mix! The boys love the cheesy addition and so do I!
I like to serve the Cheesy Guacamole in Garden of Eatin‘ Bowls Tortilla Chips. They are certified USDA Organic and are made with three simple ingredients: corn, oil, and salt. That’s it! They also come in two delicious flavors, White Corn with Sea Salt and Blue Corn with Sea Salt. They are both super tasty!
I love the little tortilla bowls because they are perfect for parties. You can prepare little guacamole bowls in advance for your guests or you can put out a big bowl of Cheesy Guacamole with a bag of Garden of Eatin’ Bowls Tortilla Chips and let your guests dip on their own!
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo this week with Cheesy Guacamole. It’s almost time to get dipping! YAY!
- 3 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Garden of Eatin' Bowls Tortilla Chips for serving
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and put into a medium bowl.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, red onion, shredded cheese, crumbled queso fresco, and jalapeño. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado until you've reached desired consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Note-most grocery stores carry queso fresco. If you can't find it cotija cheese will work too!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is sponsored by Garden of Eatin’, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.
Guacamole is one of my most favorite things in the world. I love that you added cheese! I’m going to be looking for these chips at my grocery store!
Mine too! The chips are amazing, you have to try them!
Hey Maria -This looks so yummy!
Thanks! I ate more than my fair share:)
I know what I am making for Cinco de Mayo. The cheese addition is genius and I LOVE those chip bowls. So fun!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Enjoy the guacamole and chips!
Omg cheese AND guac together?! Sounds incredible. Can’t wait to make this!
What a great way to use those chips!!
I could eat chips and guacamole all day!
I could eat this whole bowl in one sitting. Love all the cheesy goodness!
Great job! Do you outline all of your blog posts? I’ve read a few of them now and they are way higher quality than other blogs I’ve read.