Cheesy Guacamole-traditional guacamole with a cheesy twist! You will love this easy and cheesy guacamole!
Cinco de Mayo is only a few days away! Are you ready to party? We are! I love celebrating Cinco de Mayo because that means LOTS of guacamole and chips! This year, we are making our boys favorite Cheesy Guacamole!
Thankfully, Caleb and Maxwell both love avocados. I don’t know what I would do if my children didn’t like avocados. They are in my top five favorite foods of all time and we eat them all of the time. They are just SO good, especially when they are turned into guacamole.
This guacamole starts off like traditional guacamole, but it gets even better because I add shredded cheddar cheese and queso fresco to mix! The boys love the cheesy addition and so do I!
I like to serve the Cheesy Guacamole in Garden of Eatin‘ Bowls Tortilla Chips. They are certified USDA Organic and are made with three simple ingredients: corn, oil, and salt. That’s it! They also come in two delicious flavors, White Corn with Sea Salt and Blue Corn with Sea Salt. They are both super tasty!
I love the little tortilla bowls because they are perfect for parties. You can prepare little guacamole bowls in advance for your guests or you can put out a big bowl of Cheesy Guacamole with a bag of Garden of Eatin’ Bowls Tortilla Chips and let your guests dip on their own!
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo this week with Cheesy Guacamole. It’s almost time to get dipping! YAY!
Cheese makes this guacamole extra special! Grab some chips and get dipping!
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Garden of Eatin’ Bowls Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and put into a medium bowl.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, red onion, shredded cheese, crumbled queso fresco, and jalapeño. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado until you’ve reached desired consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Note-most grocery stores carry queso fresco. If you can’t find it cotija cheese will work too!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This post is sponsored by Garden of Eatin’, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.