Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Chocolate Cherry Cookies-soft and chewy chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks and dried cherries. These decadent cookies are a great dessert for Valentine’s Day or any day!
It is February and I am SUPER excited because I LOVE February. February is my birthday month, the Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, and chocolate lovers month. There is a lot to celebrate and I am going to celebrate ALL month! I am kicking off the celebration with these Chocolate Cherry Cookies. They are decadent and one of my new favorite cookies.
Chocolate and cherries are a match made in heaven, especially in these cookies. The combo is perfection!
I use dried cherries in these cookies. You can find dried cherries at just about every grocery store. Look by the raisins or in the bulk bin section, if your store has one. I buy them in bulk at Smith’s. My boys love snacking on them so I have to hide them if I want to bake cookies. I have my own secret stash.
The chocolate cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with chocolate chunks and dried cherries. The contrast of tart cherries with the sweetness of cocoa and chocolate chunks is perfection. The cookies are SO good right out of the oven when the dark chocolate chunks are oozing out of the cookies. Make sure you have a glass of cold milk close by because you are going to need it to wash down your cookie…or cookies. I can never stop at one!
Add Chocolate Cherry Cookies to your February baking list! They are a great treat for the Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, or my birthday, which is on Sunday. You can celebrate with me by eating cookies:) Or you can just bake and eat them ALL month because it is chocolate lovers month. See, February is the BEST month! Enjoy!
Chocolate Cherry Cookies
The chocolate cherry combo is perfection! Everyone loves these decadent and divine cookies!
Yield: About 32 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks and dried cherries. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Note-store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days on the counter or you can store them in them in the freezer, in a freezer bag or container, for up to one month.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!