My cookie fast is officially over and I blame my friend Rachael. She was visiting Utah for the holidays and brought me a large tin of her famous chocolate almond toffee. My first reaction was to run and hide the toffee so I wouldn’t have to share, but then I remembered Josh is allergic to nuts so I didn’t have to share:) After indulging in a few pieces of toffee I decided to stop myself before I finished off the entire tin. The toffee kept staring me down though, I couldn’t just let it sit there. I had to put it to good use, so I baked chocolate chip almond toffee cookies.
I added almond paste in the dough to give the cookies an extra kick of almond flavor. It went perfectly with the chunks of chocolate almond toffee. I also added in chocolate chips, because you can never too much chocolate in a cookie. Some of the toffee pieces melted throughout the cookie, creating a buttery stream of goodness. These cookies are perfect in my book. I give them an A++.
Eating a batch of cookies is so much better for you than eating a tin of toffee, right? Please say yes:) Just kidding, since Josh couldn’t taste these cookies, poor guy, I shared them with our friends. They all loved the cookies and I think you will too.
Thanks Rachael for inspiring me to make these cookies! Any toffee will work for this recipe, but I highly suggest you make Rachael’s recipe-it’s the best!
Chocolate Chip Almond Toffee Cookies
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 ounces almond paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped toffee
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together with the beater blade for about two minutes. Add the almond paste in pieces and mix until well combined. Add in eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- 4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly mix until dry ingredients disappear. Stir in toffee and chocolate chips. Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the outside. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- *Note-if you don't have homemade toffee, you can use chopped up Heath or Skor bars.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these chocolate chip almond toffee cookies, you might also like:
Chocolate Toffee Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Drizzled Toffee-Chocolate Chip Cookies from Recipe Girl
Heath Oatmeal Toffee Cookies from Food Librarian
Toffee Crunch Cookies from Picky Palate