Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies-soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with fudgy brownie chunks inside! These cookies are AMAZING!
What do you do when you are craving chocolate chip cookies AND brownies? You make Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies! That’s right, I put brownie chunks inside chocolate chip cookies. You might be thinking that sounds a little extreme and you are right…EXTREMELY delicious! These are my new favorite cookies! I know, I have a lot of favorite cookies, but these are at the TOP of my list.
These Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies are the best of both worlds! You get your chocolate chip cookie AND your brownie! Dessert bliss!
When I make a pan of brownies, I usually end up eating the majority of the pan all by myself. Josh likes brownies, but he can have one bite and be done. Yeah, I don’t get him either:)
If I make chocolate chip cookies, we are fighting over them as soon as they come out of the oven. We both loooooove chocolate chip cookies.
Well, the other day I made a pan of my favorite fudgy brownies and I was the only one eating them, so I decided to chop some of them up and put them inside of chocolate chip cookies.
I don’t want to brag, but my idea was pretty genius! Why choose between the two best desserts? Enjoy them together in ONE cookie!
The brownies stay soft and fudgy inside the chewy chocolate chip cookies. They are kind of like big chocolate chunks, but better because they are big brownie chunks! Don’t worry, there are plenty of chocolate chips surrounding the brownie chunks, these cookies are loaded with chocolaty goodness!
My boys weren’t shy around these cookies! They helped me eat them in record time. Everyone loved them! I guess it is time to make another batch!
Next time you make brownies, set some aside to make my Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies. You will love them!
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups brownie chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies if desired
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the brownie chunks and chocolate chips.
- 4. Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-I like to use this recipe for the brownies. After the brownies cool, chop them into small chunks for the cookies. You can also keep the brownies in the freezer. Defrost brownies before using in the cookies. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cookies!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod