Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
One of my all time favorite bar treats is the classic chocolate chip cookie bar. Are you surprised since I am obsessed with chocolate chip treats? I love chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip muffins, and I even created a chocolate chip cookie milkshake🙂 I’ve been making these bars since I was a kid. My brother, sister, and I liked to whip these up when we were allowed to make a mess in the kitchen. I was craving them the other day and realized I never shared the recipe on our site. Oops! Everyone needs this easy recipe for chocolate chip cookie bars!
The cookie dough is easy to make. You should have all of the ingredients at home. Feel free to use whatever chocolate chips you like. I usually use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I have made them with milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. If you are a butterscotch lover, feel free to throw those in as well. I love that you don’t have to form the cookies into dough balls, you just pour the cookie dough right into the pan-the joy of bar treats. Before baking, I like to sprinkle the cookie bars very lightly with sea salt. I love the hint of sea salt in my cookies. If you are not a salt fan, feel free to skip this step.
The chocolate chip cookie bars bake up in about 30 minutes. They are great for when you are short on time and need a killer dessert. Everyone loves these bars. They transport well and are also wonderful with a scoop of ice cream on top.
If you are a chocolate chip cookie fan, you will love these chocolate chip cookie bars. The bars are thick, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips. Our family loves them and I am sure yours will too.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Yield: 24 cookie bars
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Sea salt, for sprinkling over bars-optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour cookie dough into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkle cookie bars very lightly with sea salt, if desired. Bake cookie bars for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and serve.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, you might also like:
Congo Bars from Bakerella
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar from Kevin & Amanda
Chocolate Toffee Cookie Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod