I usually don’t “do” cakes or cupcakes. We aren’t big cake eaters and I hate wasting food. Cookies are much easier to pawn off on people and we can freeze the dough or leftovers. I checked out Martha’s Cupcake book from the library and decided it was time to give cupcakes a chance. Of course, I chose to bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes. I just love my cookies, sorry, it is an addiction:) I am slowly branching out though…baby steps:)
A cookie and a cupcake comibined? Hmmm. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Would it be more like a cookie or more like a cupcake?
I had a little trouble getting them out of the paper cupcake wrappers. The tops of the cupcakes were peeling off. I wasn’t planning on frosting them so I flipped them over and I am so glad I did. The chocolate chips made them presentable.
I took these to a neighborhood event and they were the first thing to go. So were they more like a cookie or a cupcake? Bake them and you decide:) Either way they are a tasty treat.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
Recipe from Martha Stewart
1 ½ cups flour
¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients-flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cream the butter and sugars together on high speed, using a mixer. Mix until creamy and smooth. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the bowl. Add in the vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. On low, add in the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the milk. End with the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
5. Pour batter into the muffin cups, use about a ¼ cup. Bake cupcakes for about 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to test them. It should come out clean when they are done baking.
6. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and cool before removing papers.
7. I removed the papers and served the cupcakes upside down to show off the chocolate chips. You can make frosting if you wish.